Flatulence and begging, complaints that can affect anyone, both children, adults, and elderly. Some people consider that the complaint is a trivial situation because it is generally caused by something that is not dangerous.
Indeed, the vast majority of cases of flatulence or arousal occur because of trivial things. Example:
- Eat too much or eat too fast
- Swallowing air, as a result of drinking through a straw or chewing gum
- Eating foods that are difficult to digest, such as fatty foods
- Smoking habit
- Alcohol consumption
- Even so, it does not mean complaining of flatulence or too full can be taken lightly and dismissed. In fact, these complaints can also occur due to an enzyme disorder in your body.
Amylase, protase, and lipase enzymes play an important role in the digestion process. When one of the three enzymes is disrupted, one complaint that is very likely to occur is flatulence and bloating. As for several conditions that can cause enzyme disorders, namely:
- Eat a lot and hurry
- Unbalanced food intake
- I have a fever
- Pancreatic disorders, such as pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer
- Stomach blocked by thick, sticky mucus (cystic fibrosis)
- Food or beverage intolerance
- Knowing these facts, you should no longer consider bloating or sodden as a trivial complaint. It would be better if you are always vigilant and maintain the health of the digestive tract carefully.
Some tips that you can do to help maintain the health of the digestive tract and prevent and overcome flatulence and too full, including:
- Eat regularly every day with adequate portions
- Eat slowly and chew food until it’s completely smooth
- Avoid consumption of foods that trigger gastrointestinal disorders, such as coffee, tea, soft drinks, spicy foods, fatty foods, and alcohol
- Avoid smoking and exposure to smoke
- Avoid talking when eating
- If you experience gastrointestinal disorders, try to eat smaller portions of food with more frequent frequency
- Diligent in sports and moves so that digestive function goes well
- Manage stress well
- In addition to those mentioned, you can also take medicines that contain natural ingredients and are proven effective in maintaining healthy digestive tract. Such drugs usually contain enzymes such as bromelain, ginger, turmeric, royal jelly and honey, fennel, peppermint and liquorice. When taking it, make sure you comply with the advice and recommendations listed on the packaging label.
If flatulence or sagging still occur and do not improve in a few days, do not delay to immediately see a doctor. Persistent bloating can be a sign of Crohn’s disease, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, or stomach cancer. Do not consider trivial flatulence, because most of these cases are a sign of digestive tract disorders.